Dozens of new products appear in a world of gameplay every day. This industry is developing at a frenetic pace. Now to cater to user requests, it is necessary not only to develop a high-quality product, but to make it modern, introduce innovations and trends into it. This is what really attracts players. If earlier everyone was delighted with 2D design, now it is superseded by 3D gaming. Although the first ones also did not go underground, so developers continue to use it.
Table of Contents
Popular appeal of 2D and 3D gaming today
To begin with, these are two the most popular gaming forms. If 2D products appeared several decades ago, then their successor, namely, the 3D format began to emerge recently. We are talking about 1990. It gradually grew stronger, got on his feet and now striking in its scale.
Main distinguishing features
When looking for the differences between 3D and 2D, it is important to note the following fact: game formats are completely different from each other. 3D has the following differences:
- Additional sizing, marked by a specific letter “D”.
- Special technology of games (taking into account the indicators of depth, volumes, parameters).
- Examples of game types include Pro Evolution Soccer 2021, The Elder Scrolls: Blades, and Ark: Survival Evolved.
If we talk about a two-dimensional format, then it is flat. Examples include Skellattack, Noita, Super Meat Boy Forever.
Such difference is key and it affects the parameters of gameplay:
- Management tools. Ruling is incredibly simple. Every single element that sets the game in motion is clear and simple. To learn how to use the management tools, the user will not need to spend a lot of time.
- The final. You can easily understand the control mechanism because of the pre-understandable plot. As for the end point, it is unique and in no case will be changed even when the storylines change.
- Situation around. As you know, the sizes of graphic elements can be different. In 2D drawings, all elements will look flat. Therefore, when developing, specialists do not focus on the environment.
- Motion. Each character moves according to linear technology. Characters cannot “walk” in circles, go around corners, etc. But in 3D graphics, this is real – all the characters move wherever they want (forward, sideways, backward, around the corner).
It is not strange that the 3d game development service is very popular. 2D games fade into the background, but at the same time they began to be called “classics of the genre” because their success does not fade away.
Pros of 3D and 2D game format
Despite the popularity of 3D games, 2D games still have many advantages over them, and these are:
- ease of controls;
- intuitive set of functions and tools;
- ease of development;
- available instructions;
- simple interface.
Now let’s look at all the advantages of 3D graphics, and these are:
- closeness to reality;
- high image quality;
- versatility, since in creating a game, you can use any genres and styles.
Despite the high characteristics of 3D games, 2D solutions are not left behind and continue to enjoy success in the gaming world.
Game cost in 3D and 2D format
The pricing policy for 3D games will only grow. You need to come to terms with this. The bottom line is the complexity of the creation, development and implementation of new tools, without which you cannot do in the gameplay. To create innovative games, specialists will have to go through stages:
- Rendering graphics.
- Creation of audio accompaniment.
For example, to create a game like the famous Flappy Bird, you will need to spend at least $ 300. To do something similar to Grand Theft Auto, $ 160 million would have to be allocated.
Why is there such a huge difference in price? The cost depends on:
- Operating system.
- Expenses at the preparatory stage.
- The tools to be applied.
- The level of complexity of the design solution.
- The size of the game.
- The number of levels.
- Type of software (mini-game, casual, medium difficulty, high difficulty level).
You can find out more here about the cost and features of 3D and 2D computer games.