There has always been a wealth of information for researching firefighter preparation methods. You can access all the criteria locally to find the application tests, standards, physical, medical and educational qualifications required by your local department. But there is another essential part of what is essential to know and that understands the state of mind of the what are the requirements to become a firefighter. It doesn’t change from country to country; it’s a global mindset that makes this career unique!
As a professional firefighter, there are many advantages and disadvantages. It’s rewarding like no other profession can offer. Experience the joy of saving a life, the thrill of rescuing and the power of successfully putting out a fire. On the other hand, you will also experience the pain of a lost life, the frustration of a fire, and the complications that come daily.
Many people look at statistics when choosing a career. These are salary, vacation, contract terms, etc. However, if you decide to become a firefighter, you need to consider the changes you want to make in your life. It is not a situation that only affects your life, but the lives of those around you. It’s a career of shift work, nights not to be missed, times when you have no choice but to be on call, and a job that has a huge emotional impact on your life.
Here are 5 factors to consider in this career:
1. The Emotional Cost: When you become a firefighter, your emotional strength is the key factor. It’s a race where you have to release your emotions while aiming at the fire station doors. It will test you in many ways to see how to deal with the emotions an affair can bring. You will learn more about yourself than in any other situation. This career will help you grow as a person and not only will get you in tune with your own emotions, but it will also give you the ability to read to others. In the beginning, don’t worry about being invincible. We all have weaknesses and at some point, it becomes difficult for us. But as I said, over time you will learn to control and control your emotions.
2. Working hours: One thing that may take some getting used to at the beginning is shift work. The days are long, but the nights are even longer. It can have a huge impact on your social life! There will often be times when you are unable to attend appointments or occasions, but it is an essential part of the job. It’s not like any other job where you can book a day off! It is a lifestyle change that you need to be prepared for.
3. Physical performance: As important as emotional strength is, your physical strength is just as crucial. Being healthy and strong for any scenario is important. This race will put you to the test and take your fitness and strength to a new level. In your training to become a recruit, you will go through daily exercises and exercises to assess your abilities for the job. So make sure you are on top!
4. The pros and cons: As mentioned earlier, this career has many pros and cons. By looking at both of them realistically and being able to hug and cuddle them, you will be in the right mood to jump into this career. It is not the idealistic spectacle of the media and cinema. You need to be able to look beyond that and go to a place and ask yourself the most insightful questions. Answer them honestly by being the only person you will lie to.
5. Your Role: Ultimately, this is a career where people are what make it work. This is not a product that can be returned if it is defective. If you are not at your best and give your all, the consequences can be fatal. You need to be 100% prepared for your team and audience. This ensures that you are offered the best possible service at all times. You will become an indispensable member of the crew and, by respecting others and following orders, you will surely become an excellent FIREFIGHTER!
Becoming a firefighter is without a doubt the greatest feeling in the world. There are so many levels on which this statement can be based: strengths of character you develop, appreciation for life and those around you, unparalleled satisfaction, lifelong bonds and friendships, personal challenges.
By researching and reading articles like this one, you are giving yourself the best chance of success! Remember, this is the person who plays the firefighter, so take all advice given to heart and you can’t go wrong.