The RBI assistant 2022 exam is one bank exam that is eyed by thousands of aspirants every year. RBI conducts this annual exam to recruit assistants in various sub-offices and branches. The RBI Assistant 2022 selection test is made up of preliminary and mains exams. However, the final selection is made according to the scores of the main exam. Before joining, selected candidates have to clear the Language Proficiency Test. The selected candidates have to perform important tasks like Currency Issue & Circulation, Banking Document Verification, managing Government Treasury Work and Ensuring Financial Stability.
The official notification for the RBI Assistant exam 2022 is yet to be unveiled. In 2020, RBI announced vacancies for 926 posts through this exam.
The Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the RBI Assistant recruitment 2022, candidates have to meet the criteria.
- Only eligible Indian Citizens can apply for the posts.
- The age limit is between 20 and 28 years. However, For SC / ST candidates, the age limit is up to 33 years, and for OBC, it is up to 31 years. Persons with Disabilities get 10 years of relaxation. Special provisions for age limit relaxations are there for Armed Forces and Widows/divorced women. Those with work experience in RBI get 3 additional years too.
- To apply, candidates must possess one Bachelor’s Degree with 50% marks. For the ST/SC/PWD candidates, it’s just past the class limit. They have to possess PC operating skills.
The Online Application Process
For the application for RBI Assistant recruitment 2022, the following steps have to be followed:
- Check the RBI website (www.rbi.org.in) and then click on Recruitment for the post of Assistant”.
- Pick “Click here for New Registration.” Then enter the required details.
- The system will generate a Password and Provisional Registration Number, and the applicants have to note these carefully.
- Before submitting the online application, candidates have to check that the details entered are correct.
- After submitting accurate data, candidates have to upload photos & Signatures. The image and signature should be done as per the guidelines.
- Before submission of the application, previewing the application is necessary.
- Next, the candidates have to make the payment online and click on submit.
The application fee can be paid using net banking or a credit/debit card. For OBC/General/EWS candidates, this is INR 450. For SC/ST/PWD/EXS applicants, it is INR 50. If payment is successful, an e-Receipt is generated.
RBI Assistant Exam Selection Process
There are 3 stages. These are:
- Preliminary exam
- Mains exam
- LPT (Language Proficiency Test)
The prelims exam has 100 marks, and the sections are English Language, Reasoning Ability and Numerical Ability. The main exam has 200 marks, and there are 5 sections- General Awareness, Computer Knowledge, English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability. It has a duration of 135 minutes. The test is conducted in the Official / Local Language of the candidates.
After applying for the RBI Assistant exam 2022 successfully, candidates have to download their admit cards. They have to access rbi.gov.in. and then type in their registration number & password to get it. They can then download and print it.