Commercial griddles may provide restaurants and other enterprises with commercial kitchens with many years of dependable cooking. However, the life of this crucial piece of gear depends on regular griddle maintenance. Because pollutants may enter the plates if the griddles are not cleaned, dirty griddles increase the danger to food safety.
Even if the food isn’t tainted, oil and other leftovers from earlier meals might ruin the flavor. By using a very simple cleaning procedure, the possibility of contracting a food-borne disease may be readily reduced. The industrial griddle is a workhorse in the kitchen, so keeping a regular cleaning schedule is well worth it to save your investment.
Why Cleaning a Griddle is Important?
The greatest way to safeguard both the reputation of your company and the health of your clients is to maintain a regular cleaning program. Food tastes noticeably better when it is cooked on clean grills and griddles. When the griddle is clean, the heat generated by the surface will also be distributed uniformly.
The overall result is a long lifetime for this flat-top grill, which is an essential piece of industrial machinery. Regular brushing is not always sufficient for maintenance; instead, expert procedures, cleansers, and brushes of the highest quality are sometimes needed. Commercial kitchen griddles are more difficult to clean than residential kitchen griddles due to the enormous amount of grease created there.
Grease from these surfaces may very easily be tracked over the floor, posing a health concern and raising the possibility of slip-and-fall incidents. Additionally, grease tracks may promote unclean conditions that attract bugs and insects.
Commercial Griddles Need Cleaning.
We are aware that high levels of assurance in the efficacy of this procedure are necessary for commercial-grade cleaning services. It’s crucial to comprehend how this expenditure differs from standard practices for cleaning industrial griddles, also known as flat-top grills since this is a significant investment. The extent of the cleaning itself should be taken into account initially.
This may be understood by comparing it to how a skilled dental hygienist routinely removes plaque buildup from the teeth. This is not a substitute for brushing and flossing every day. In actuality, both of these cleaning stages are required. The routine for cleaning the griddle in a commercial kitchen is similar; you need to hire a professional to do it on a regular basis to complement and support the staff’s daily cleaning.
Hot Tips for Cleaning Flat Top Grills.
Encourage personnel to clean the griddle after each shift to keep it in good condition. This avoids the buildup of grease, which eventually carbonizes to create a thick coating. Once this has occurred, removal is significantly more difficult. Make sure everyone using the grill is familiar with how to use the materials before storing them in a nearby location.
When cleaning up after shifts, bear the following advice in mind:
- After using it, clean the griddle while it’s still hot, but make sure it’s constantly heated. For cleaning, some griddles have a predetermined temperature, while others may have a suggested temperature listed in the instructions. Remember that the griddle metal might expand and shrink dependent on exposure to severe temperatures. Since of this, you should never use ice to chill the surface because the ice cubes’ extreme cold may cause stress fractures, which will spread once the griddle is heated again. Grease may leak into these fractures and harm the interior of the device.
- Use a rubber instrument with heat-resistant qualities to scrape away any accumulation of food and debris on the griddle. When utilizing goods like abrasive cleansers, cleaning solutions, and other items, always follow the manufacturer’s directions. This will shield any harm. Test a small area initially when in doubt.
- Use a griddle brush or other cleaning that has been permitted by the manufacturer to remove cooked food fragments and carbonated substances. Make little circular movements.
- Before wiping the front and sides with clean rags, wipe the burner area and griddle surface. Grease won’t flow onto the surfaces outside thanks to this.
- Wipe away any residue after rinsing the griddle with a moist cloth or a low-pressure setting. High-pressure settings might harm equipment.
- Rub the steel surfaces with a clean cloth soaked in cooking oil to prevent corrosion.
Establish a system for these cleaning operations and make sure your kitchen staff appropriately executes each step. The griddle’s usable life will be extended as a result. Additionally, it will raise the standard of the meal since a clean griddle surface enhances food flavor. Your culinary equipment will be protected and kept in good condition with the help of the cleaning routine. Visit us to get your tailored kitchen hood cleaning service.